Have a child that loves dinosaurs? Try our tissue paper dinosaur craft for kids. Our toddler daughter loves dinosaurs (she calls the "saur-saurs") and this craft was easy enough for her to do! She loved sticking the little pieces of tissue paper to the contact paper and was very proud when we got to hang it on the window together. We hope you and your kids have as much fun making this dinosaur craft as we did!
What you'll need:
How to make your tissue paper dinosaur craft:
- Black construction paper
- Clear contact paper
- Tissue paper in a variety of colors
- Dinosaur template
- White crayon
- Print out our dinosaur template. Cut the dinosaur out and trace onto
black construction paper with a white crayon. Cut the dinosaur out of
the black construction paper.
- Cut out the middle of the dinosaur leaving approximately 1/2" of the
outside intact. Discard the center you just cut out.
- Peel the backing paper off of the contact paper and stick your
dinosaur outline onto it (see picture of step 3). Cut the excess contact
- Cut a small circle out of black construction paper and stick it on
the contact paper for the eye.
- Cut a small curved shape out of black construction paper and stick
it on the contact paper for a smile.
- Cut tissue paper into 1 inch squares. Make sure to use a few
- Stick the tissue paper onto the dinosaur making sure to overlap the
- Trim off any tissue paper that hangs over the black outline of the
- Hang up on a sunny window.
Finished craft on the window!
Picture above goes with bullet #3