Our styrofoam reindeer craft is a fun craft for kids to do using some
different materials like styrofoam and pipe cleaners which have great textures.
The addition of a jingle bell collar makes this craft even cuter! When set
next to the styrofoam Santa craft, this craft makes a fantastic Christmas
decoration for your mantel.
What you'll need:
How to make your Styrofoam Reindeer Craft
- Large styrofoam egg
- Brown paint
- Paint brush
- Serrated knife
- 4 light brown pipe cleaners
- 2 googly eyes
- 1 red pom pom
- Green felt
- Red 3-D paint
- Jingle bells
- Use the serrated knife to cut a small section off the top of the egg
so that when it is turned upside down it will sit flat.
- Paint the egg brown and set it aside to dry.
- To make an antler, lay one pipe cleaner on a flat surface
horizontally and lay a second pipe cleaner on top of it vertically to
form a "T" shape. Twist the horizontal pipe cleaner around the
vertical one pulling a bit so that the horizontal pieces angle slightly
up. Repeat this for the other antler.
- Insert the antlers on the top of the styrofoam egg (the larger end
of the egg).
- Glue two googly eyes onto the styrofoam egg.
- Glue the red pom pom under the eyes.
- Use the red 3-D paint to paint a smile on the egg under the nose.
- Cut a strip of green felt that is approximately 1 inch wide and long
enough to wrap around the base of the egg. Glue it into place.
- Glue jingle bells on the green felt piece.