We love turkey crafts around our house at Thanksgiving, so we're always looking for different materials to make them out of.
This Thanksgiving Styrofoam Turkey Craft is definitely unique and makes a fantastic Thanksgiving decoration! The different
textures of the styrofoam egg and the pipe cleaners are great for keeping your children's attention. This is a great craft
for older children, as younger children don't usually have the patience and ability to deal with the pipe cleaners.
What you'll need:
How to make your Thanksgiving Styrofoam Turkey Craft:
- A 2 13/16" X 3 7/8" styrofoam egg
- Brown paint
- 2 googly eyes
- Pipe Cleaners: 2 red, 2 orange, 1 yellow
- Paint brush
- Serrated knife
- Use a serated knife to carve the very bottom off the styrofoam egg so it will sit up.
- Paint the egg brown and let it dry. (tip: setting the egg on a dixie cup is a great way to let the egg dry)
- Glue two googly eyes onto the egg.
- To make the feathers, cut a pipe cleaner in half, twist the ends together to make
a feather shape and insert into the back of the egg. Make 2-3 "feathers" of each color.
- Cut a small piece of an orange pipe cleaner off and insert under the googly eyes for a beak.
- Cut a small piece of a red pipe cleaner and insert as a waddle next to the beak.
- Cut an orange pipe cleaner into quarters. Take two of the pieces and bend in half and insert into the bottom
of the egg as feet.