This Thanksgiving paper plate turkey craft uses a small paper plate, some construction paper and paint
to make an adorable decoration for the holiday. This turkey is simple enough for even young children, but can be altered
to keep the attention of an older child by letting them add some fun accessories (how fun is a turkey with a pink crown, or
one with a baseball hat and bat!). Turn it into a craft for the whole family and enjoy your Thanksgiving!
What you'll need:
How to make your Thanksgiving Paper Plate Turkey Craft:
- 1 small paper plate
- Red, yellow and orange construction paper
- 2 Googly eyes
- Brown paint
- Paint brush
- Paint the small paper plate brown and set aside to dry.
- Cut feather shapes out of the construction paper. You'll need 2-3 feathers of each color.
- Cut a small triangle out of orange construction paper for a beak.
- Cut a small peanut shape out of red construction paper for a waddle.
- Cut two feet out of orange construction paper.
- Tape the feathers onto the back of the paper plate.
- Glue the eyes, beak, waddle, and feet to the front of the paper plate.