This styrofoam Santa craft was created because we needed a new homemade
Christmas decoration for our mantel! Coupled with the styrofoam reindeer
craft it's a fantastic decoration. With a a styrofoam ball, felt, cotton
balls, paint and glue your kids can make this great Christmas craft too!
What you'll need:
How to make your Styrofoam Santa Craft
- Medium sized styrofoam ball
- Cotton balls
- Craft paint: white and flesh colored
- White and pink pom poms
- 2 googly eyes
- 1 full sheets of red felt
- Paint brush
- Serrated knife
- Use the serrated knife to cut a small portion off one end of the
ball so that it sits still.
- Paint the majority of the styrofoam ball white. Paint a
portion of the ball flesh-colored in a "U" shape for Santa's face.
- To make the hat, grab a corner of the felt piece and loosely wrap
the sheet of felt into a cone. The base of the cone should be
large enough to sit on Santa's head (with enough excess felt to allow
you to glue it securely to the styrofoam ball). Glue a white pom
pom to the tip of the hat.
- Glue a line of white pom poms along the base of the hat.
- Glue cotton balls around the "face" portion of the styrofoam ball.
Continue gluing cotton balls around the entire ball.
- Glue two googly eyes on the face. Cut a cotton ball in half
and glue each half over one eye as eyebrows.
- Glue on a pink pom pom under the eyes as a nose. (*Tip: I
found that the pom pom was a little too big and fuzzy to be the nose on
it's own. I cut away some of the fuzz of the pom pom and it ended
up looking a bit better).
- Stretch out a cotton ball and glue it under the nose as a mustache.