This toilet paper roll butterfly craft was a huge hit in our house! Our daughter loved assembling the pieces and watching her butterfly craft be able to stand up by itself. This is a cute bug craft for preschoolers that is a great spring or summer craft as well. Our provided template makes this cute craft even easier to put together and your kids will love using their imagination to create their very own butterfly.
What you'll need:
How to make your Toilet Paper Roll Butterfly:
- Butterfly Template
- Toilet paper roll
- Black paint
- Paint brush
- Crayons or markers
- Googly eyes
- Paint the toilet paper roll black and set it aside to dry.
- Print our template onto cardstock.
- Let your child color the butterfly wings with crayons or markers however they would like.
- Cut the butterfly wings out and glue the dry toilet paper roll to the center of the wings.
- Glue googly eyes onto the toilet paper roll and draw on a smile with crayons or markers.
- Cut two small strips of paper out of the excess cardstock and glue them to the inside of the toilet paper roll to be the antennae.
- Use sequins to decorate the butterfly wings.
- When the glue is dry, your butterfly will be able to stand up.