What could be better than an afternoon filled with crafting and a puppet show? Let children immerse their imaginations in the world of theater as they create a five-puppet glove from craft scraps! Afterwards, allow them to perform their very own puppet show. Who knows� maybe they will create the newest Muppet character!
What you'll need:
How to make your Monster Madness Puppets craft:
- 1 child-size glove
- Yarn or thread
- Craft scraps, such as: wiggly eyes, pom-poms, fabric scraps, sequins, buttons, and dried pasta
- 5 cotton balls
- Tacky or hot glue
- Take the cotton balls and stuff one cotton ball inside each finger of the glove. (see photos)
- Take a piece of string and tie a double knot or bow under each of the cotton balls. (see photos)
- Using tacky glue or hot glue, create your five-fingered puppet. Make sure to include eyes, nose, mouth, and any other accessories that you think a monster should have. Make sure to be creative. Check out the photos on the side for some inspiration.
- Allow your puppet to dry before using. While you are waiting, feel free to create a puppet show for your creation to star in!