A popsicle stick frame is a classic kids craft and it makes a wonderful Father's day gift for Dad or Grandpa. Let your children be creative as they paint, assemble and decorate this Father's day craft especially for dad. Add a favorite picture and a magnet to the back and you have a cute, simple Father's Day craft that even a young child will enjoy making.
What you'll need:
How to make your Father's Day Popsicle Stick Frame:
- Large popsicle sticks (like tongue depressors)
- Paint brushes
- Scotch tape
- Picture of your child
- Stickers, sequins, craft foam, etc.
- You need a total of 8 popsicle sticks. We painted 4 one color and 4 a different color. The easiest way to paint the sticks is to tape them to a piece of newspaper first.
- Once the popsicle sticks are dry, glue them together. You need two sticks on each side and then glue two sticks to the top and the bottom to hold it all in place. Set aside to dry.
- Once dry, have your kids decorate the frame with stickers, sequins, markers, etc.
- Tape a picture of your child to the back of the frame (we used tape so we could switch the picture out if we wanted to later).
- Glue a magnet to the back of the frame as well.