This peek-a-BOO ghost craft is a fantastic Halloween craft for kids that was inspired by our daughter. The happy ghost (on a popsicle stick) pops up out of his decorated cup to say "boo!". Our daughter enjoyed the "ghost on a stick" concept so much that we ended up making a bunch of them and they were ghost puppets! This is a great Halloween craft for preschoolers as the materials are fun and engaging and the end product is a toy. With a little prep-work, this craft can be adapted for even very young children to do.
What you'll need:
How to make your Peek-a-BOO Ghost Craft:
- Paper or styrofoam cup
- Ghost template
- Black tissue paper
- Glue stick
- White construction paper
- Halloween stickers
- Popsicle stick
- Use the scissors to cut a slit big enough for the popsicle stick in the center of the bottom of the cup **Adults only**
- Cut the black tissue paper into strips that are managable for your child.
- Glue the tissue paper onto the cup. It works best to have your child coat one section of the cup at a time with the glue and then to go back and glue the loose ends down later. We have tried many materials to cover a cup (paper sounds easy but it just never works right and leads to frustrated kids...and parents!) and tissue paper is by far the most child-friendly material we've found.
- Print our ghost template and cut the ghost out. Use crayons to draw a face on the ghost and to decorate if your child wants.
- Glue the ghost to one end of the popsicle stick.
- Decorate your cup with Halloween stickers.
- Insert the popsicle stick into the slit cut in the cup (the ghost goes into the cup) and then show your child how he pops out and says "boo"!