An oval for a body, a circle for a head, diamond scales and triangular spikes create our Shape-A-Saurus craft! This dinosaur craft combines a lesson on shapes with the opportunity for you child to be creative! We've included all of the common shapes in shape-a-saurus and kids will love being able to put them together to create something new. Shape-a-saurus is a fantastic preschool craft or toddler craft. Our two year old daughter absolutely loved this craft (one of her dinosaur is pictured below) and asked to make it again and again -- so we recommend cutting out the materials for at least two ahead of time!
What you'll need:
How to make your Shape-A-Saurus Craft
- Print our templates and cut the pieces out. Trace onto construction paper and cut your shapes out. Cut out as many hearts and stars as you want (3 is a good number).
- Take this opportunity to name the shapes with your child.
- Glue the rectangle to the oval body to create the neck.
- Glue the circle to the rectangle to create the head.
- Glue the two squares to the bottom of the oval to make legs.
- Glue the tail onto the back end of the oval.
- Use the diamonds to create scales on the dinosaur's back.
- Use the triangles to create spikes on the tail and head.
- Use the hearts and stars to decorate the body.
- Use a crayon or marker to draw on an eye, mouth, legs and toes.