Pretending to be an astronaut was one of our favorite childhood games, so it's no wonder that it's high on our daughter's list as well. This astronaut helmet craft for kids is easy to put together and leads to great pretend play. This astronaut craft is a simple space craft for kids and is great for a rainy day project.
What you'll need:
How to make the Astronaut Helmet Craft
- Poster board (could use lightweight cardboard as well)
- Construction paper
- Astronaut Helmet Template
- Stickers, markers, crayons, etc.
- Print our astronaut helmet template. Cut it out and trace onto a piece of poster board. Cut the helmet piece out.
- Let your child decorate the helmet however they would like.
- Cut a strip of construction paper that is 2-3 inches wide. You may need to tape two strips together to get the right length if necessary. Staple the construction paper strip to each side of the helmet, fitting it to your child's head so it will stay on.
Note: Generally we don't like using staples on kid crafts, but tape just doesn't cut it here. Because we err on the side of caution, after stapling the strip on, we covered over the staples with a piece of tape to make sure there were no pokey parts.