This cotton ball snowman craft is a great craft for your children to display
their creativity. It is also a fantastic preschool craft! Children
at this age love glue and this craft uses a lot of it! Help your child
"draw" the three circles with the glue and fill them in with the cotton balls.
Help them use their imagination to accessorize the snowman and to draw in the
scenery. This project is a great learning tool for your kids as you can
teach them about shapes and colors and encourage them to tell a story about
their snowman in their finished craft.
What you'll need:
- Blue construction paper or card stock
- Cotton balls
- 1 brown pipe cleaner
- Green, black and orange felt
- 2 googly eyes
- 3 buttons
- White 3-D paint
How to make your Cotton Ball Snowman Craft
- Use the glue to "draw" three circles on the blue construction paper
as an outline of your snowman. Fill the circles in with glue.
- Stick cotton balls in the glue circles to form your snowman.
- Cut a pipe cleaner in half and glue them on either side of the
- Cut a pair of gloves out of the green felt for the snowman's mittens
and glue over the pipe cleaners.
- Cut a longer and shorter rectangle out of green felt. Glue the
longer rectangle over the "neck" of the snowman. Glue the shorter
rectangle over the longer one at a slight angle so that it looks like
the scarf has been wrapped around the snowman. Cut slits in the
ends of the green rectangles.
- Glue two eyes onto the snowman.
- Cut a small triangle out of orange felt and glue into place under
- Cut a "C" shape out of black felt and glue into place under the nose
as the snowman's mouth.
- Cut a hat out of black felt and glue to the top of the snowman's
head. Add a strip of red ribbon in the middle of the hat.
- Glue on 3 buttons.
- Use white 3-D paint to add dots of snow to the background of your