Another great Christmas craft made with styrofoam balls! Our styrofoam
snowman craft is a cute craft that your children can be creative with. Our
craft is a "basic" snowman, but let your children be creative with the snowman
(or snowwoman's) accessories. Add a purse, a crown instead of a hat, a
baseball bat, or cowboy hat to your snowperson to personalize it to your
children's likes. It's a great Christmas craft to do as a family - let
each person make their own snowperson and display as Christmas decorations!
What you'll need:
- Two small styrofoam balls
- Plastic or styrofoam cup
- Black and orange construction paper
- 2 googly eyes
- 5 small buttons
- 2 large buttons
- Red and green felt
- Wooden dowel or popsicle stick
- Black paint
- Paint brush
- Serrated knife
- Brown pipe cleaner
How to make your Styrofoam Snowman Craft
- Paint the cup black and set it aside to dry.
- Use a serrated knife to cut a small section off of one of the balls.
This is now the bottom ball.
- Use half of a wooden dowel. Insert one end into the bottom
ball and the other end into the top ball to stack them on top of each
- Cut out a long strip of green felt and wrap it around the junction
of the two styrofoam balls as a scarf. Cut slits into the ends of
the strip to make it look more like a scarf. Glue into place.
- Cut a pipe cleaner in half and insert each half on either side of
the bottom ball.
- Cut gloves out of the red felt and tape onto the ends of the pipe
- Glue the two large buttons onto the bottom ball.
- Glue the two googly eyes onto the top ball.
- Cut a triangle out of orange construction paper and glue under the
- Glue the 5 small buttons under the nose in a smile shape.
- Cut a circle out of black construction paper. Cut a small
piece out of the center of the black circle. This piece should be
slightly smaller than the opening of the cup. Use tape to adhere
the painted cup to the construction paper circle by taping through the
opening in the circle up to the cup.
- Glue the "hat" to the top of the snowman.