A fun and easy Foam American Flag craft. These are great for kids to wave during a parade and if you make multiple flags
it's a great way to decorate for the 4th of July! They look great in a flower bed or as a centerpiece for your
Fourth of July party. This is a fun and simple craft that your kids will get a kick out of.
What you'll need:
How to make your American Foam Flag:
- Wooden dowel
- White 3-D paint
- Craft Foam in red, white, and blue
- Cut a piece of white foam 6 1/2" wide and 4"tall.
- Cut a piece of blue foam 2 3/4" wide and 2 1/4" tall.
- Cut 4 pieces of red foam, one 5" long and 3/4" tall, one 5"x1/2", one 2 3/4"x 3/4", one 2 3/4"x1/2".
- Leave approximately 1 inch of white foam uncovered on the left side. Glue the red and blue foam pieces to the
white background so that it looks like the flag.
- Use the 3-D paing to add the stars to the blue piece. *Note* It is hard to fit all 50 stars on such a small
flag so we just added as many as would fit!
- Use the pen and poke a 4 small holes up the left side of the flag (this is why you left an inch blank earlier).
- Weave your wooden dowel through the holes.