A fun Paper American Flag craft! Making a simple American flag out of paper with your kids presents a great opportunity
to teach them about the flag. Tell them how each stripe represents one of the original 13 colonies and how each star represents
each state in the USA. This is a great way to make learning fun!
What you'll need:
How to make your American Flag:
- Red, white and blue construction paper
- White 3-D paint
- Cut out a square of blue construction paper that is 4 1/2" wide x 4" tall.
- Cut out strips of red construction paper.
- Glue the red strips of paper onto the white piece of construction paper to create the stripes.
- Glue the blue square in the corner of the flag.
- Use the 3-D paint to add the stars to the blue piece. *Note* It is hard to fit all 50 stars on such a small
flag so we just added as many as would fit! Star stickers may be somewhat easier.