This alphabet craft is simple and educational and one that you can use to teach your child the alphabet. We did this one with our one and half year old daughter to start teaching her the letters of the alphabet and she had lots of fun. We've had it up on our wall for months now and she likes to play with it herself. We've added numbers, shapes and even some animals to the fun and its been a fun educational craft.
What you'll need:
How to make your Alphabet Felt Board Craft:
- Stiff felt sheets
- Large regular felt sheet
- Cork board/bulletin board (or other board you can attach felt to)
- Letter Templates
- Find something to use as a board - we used a medium sized cork board. Cut out a piece of
to fit the front of your board and staple it into place.
- Print and cut out our alphabet letter templates.
- Trace the templates onto pieces of stiff felt. **Note: the key
to this project is using stiff felt to make the letters. If you
make them out of regular felt they tend to fold up on themselves and
loose their intended shape.
- Cut out the felt letters.
- Have fun playing with your child and teaching them the letters of the alphabet
Alphabet Felt Board
Alphabet Letter Templates