Turn a paper plate into a chick and then turn the chick into an Easter basket! This cute chick paper plate basket craft is a great Easter craft for kids. It is simple to put together. Our daughter was very proud of her homemade Easter basket craft and had a great time using it in little Easter egg hunts that we set up for her. This kids Easter craft would also be a great homemade basket to hold some special Easter gifts for family and friends.
What you'll need:
How to make your Chick Basket Craft:
- Large paper plate (the sturdier variety work best here)
- Yellow paint
- Paint brush
- Masking tape (electrical tape works well also)
- Googly eye
- Yellow and orange construction paper
- Yellow pipe cleaner
- Paint the back (non-food side) of the paper plate yellow. Set aside to dry.
- While the plate is drying cut a small wing shape (small enough to fit on half of the paper plate) out of yellow construction paper. Cut out feet and a beak from orange construction paper.
- Cut the paper plate in half. Line the halves of the paper plate up so that the two unpainted surfaces face each other. Staple the two halves together.
- Glue on the eye, beak, wing and feet.
- Use the tape to attach the pipe cleaner. Attach one end to each side of the paper plate. *Note: we tried to staple the pipe cleaner on. This would work but you need to twist the pipe cleaner up a bit at the ends otherwise it just pulls through the staple. We ended up stapling and taping for support and we hid the staple on the front side of the plate under the chick's wing.