Make an adorable Easter chick from a styrofoam egg! This little chick is sure to make you and your child smile!
What you'll need:
How to make your Easter Egg Chick Craft:
- A 2 13/16" X 3 7/8" styrofoam egg
- Yellow craft paint
- 2 yellow pipe cleaners
- 1 red pipe cleaner
- 2 googly eyes
- Orange construction paper or craft foam
- 2 orange pompoms
- Paint brush
- White glue
- serated knife
- Use a serated knife to carve the very bottom off the styrofoam egg so it will sit up.
- Paint the egg yellow and let it dry. (tip: setting the egg on a dixie cup is a great way to let the egg dry)
- Glue two googly eyes onto the egg.
- Cut a small triangle out of the orange construction paper or foam and glue on as a beak.
- Glue the two pompoms on the bottom of the egg as feet.
- Cut the red pipe cleaner into three pieces. Bend each into a loop and stick the ends into the top of the egg.
- To make the wings, start by taking a yellow pipe cleaner and bending one end into a 2 inch loop. Wrap to secure (see
wing picture step1).
- Next, wrap the remainder of the pipe cleaner around so that it makes a second layer inside the first loop (see
wing picture step 2).
- Finally wrap the rest of the pipe cleaner around so that it makes a third and final layer inside the second layer (see
wing picture step 3).
- Insert the finished wing (see wing picture 4) into the side of the egg.
- Repeat these steps to make the wing for the other side of the egg.
Wing Step 1
Wing Step 2
Wing Step 3
Wing Step 4