The best part of this cute paper bag octopus craft is watching it all come together. It starts out so simply, by just filling a small paper bag with some newspaper. Then with a little string and some cutting you have an adorable ocean animal craft! This is a fantastic preschool craft as it uses simple materials and steps. Enjoy!
What you'll need:
How to make your kids octopus craft:
- Small brown paper bag
- Two googly eyes
- Blue marker
- Crumple up enough newspaper to fill the bottom of the paper bag.
- Gather the paper bag together above where it is filled and tie the bag shut with string. This will create the head. (**Tip: if you have everything for this craft but the string, dental floss will work in a pinch!).
- Glue the two googly eyes onto the octopus. Use your marker to draw a smile on under the eyes.
- Cut the loose part of the bag into strips so that you end up with eight legs.
- Use your marker to draw circles onto each of the legs.