This paper bag whale craft is our second attempt at a paper bag craft. This ocean craft does take a little bit of effort to get the pieces put together so it may not be the ideal craft for a very young child or for one that gets frustrated easily (we have a great sock whale craft if you need an alternative).
What you'll need:
How to make your kids whale craft:
- Two small brown paper bags
- Two googly eyes
- Blue crayon
- Blue pipe cleaner
- Use your crayon and color both brown paper bags blue.
- To make tail: crumple some newspaper and one of the paper bags halfway full. Tie the bag shut with some string.
- To make the head: use your scissors to cut a slit in the bottom of the bag and a little bit up each side to create a mouth.
- Place the loose end of the "tail" bag into the large opening (not your cut-out) of the "head" bag. Gather the head bag around the tail bag and use string to tie the head bag shut tightly around the tail bag.
- Glue a googly eye on each side of the whale's head.
- Cut the pipe cleaner into thirds and poke the pieces through the top of the whale's head to look like water.