We've found that creating realistic craft bugs is a lot of fun but that it's
even more fun to create imaginary craft bugs! One of our daughter's
nicknames is "lovebug" and this craft was made for her. While this
styrofoam lovebug craft is fun to make anytime of the year, it makes a fantastic
Valentine's Day craft and gift.
What you'll need:
How to make your Styrofoam Lovebug Craft
- Small styrofoam egg
- Serrated knife
- Pink construction paper
- Red and pink craft paint
- Black 3-D paint
- 2 googly eyes
- Pink pipe cleaner
- Pink craft foam
- Paint brushes
- Use the serrated knife to cut a small amount of styrofoam off the
side of the egg so that it will lay flat on it's side.
- Paint the smaller tip of the egg pink and paint the remainder of the
- Once the red body has dried, paint some pink hearts on it.
- Glue two googly eyes onto the pink part of the egg (the face).
- Cut a small circle out of craft foam and glue on the face of the
lovebug under the eyes as a nose.
- Use the black craft paint to paint a smile on the lovebug's face.
- Cut the pipe cleaner in half and insert each half on the top of the
bug behind the face portion.
- Cut two small hearts out of craft foam and glue to the top of each
- Cut two medium size hearts out of construction paper and glue onto
the top of the bug to create wings.