Girls will love to craft this fun and pretty purse that will make them feel like a princess. This simple craft is perfect for elementary aged girls and can be modified for preschools as well. Girls can choose colorful paper to design a beautiful purse that can be customized with a special treat or note. This craft can even be used as a fun lunchbox surprise or birthday party favor.
What you'll need:
How to make your Pretty As a Princess Miniature Purse Craft
- scotch tape
- stickers or miniature brads
- brightly-patterned cardstock
- 2 ½ inch piece of ribbon
- small piece of candy (optional)
- label (optional)
- Using the ruler, measure a 5-1/8 inch wide by 1-3/8 inch long piece of cardstock and cut it out. Using the ruler, make pencil marks at 1-3/8 inch wide, 2-6/8 inch wide, and 4-1/8 inch wide, and fold along the pencil marks. (see photos)
- If you are using miniature brads, punch a hole through the overlapping flap with the toothpick. If using stickers, skip this step. (see photos)
- Using the toothpick, punch two holes along the top crease of the triangle. (see photos).
- Thread a small piece of ribbon through the top of the purse and secure with scotch tape. Thread the other end through the hole on top of the purse and secure with scotch tape. (see photos)
- Reform the triangle and poke a brad through the remaining hole. Bend the brad so that it is secure. If not using a brad, secure the purse flap with a sticker. (see photos)
- If desired, tape a small note or piece of candy inside the purse. (see photos)