Fall means back-to-school, apple picking and colorful fall leaves. This fun fall craft combines all of these things into one cute homemade fall decoration! Paint an unfinished wooden apple and leaf and glue onto a small chalkboard to create a great message board that looks fantastic hanging on your front door! This craft is better suited for a slightly older child.
What you'll need:
How to make your Fall Chalkboard Craft:
- Unfinished chalkboard (available at most craft stores)
- Unfinished wooden fall shapes (apple and leaf)
- Red, orange, green, yellow, and brown paint
- Paint brush
- Yarn or string
- Duct tape or masking tape
- Paint the wooden frame of the chalkboard orange.
- When the frame is dry, turn it over and tape the string to the back of the chalkboard to make a hanger.
- Paint the leaf yellow with a brown stem.
- Paint the apple red with a green leaf.
- When all of the pieces are dry, glue the apple and leaf onto the wooden frame.
- Write "Happy Autumn!" on the chalkboard with the chalk.
- Hang up and enjoy!