This time of year we love to go on nature walks as a family. Our daughter loves to collect leaves, so we thought that we would make a craft with them this year that we could keep long after the leaves dry up. This leaf print craft is a simple fall craft that is best suited to the older preschool and above set. The finished leaf craft looks great hanging up as a decoration for fall.
What you'll need:
How to make your Fall Leaf Print Craft:
- Fall leaves (that aren't dried out)
- Red, yellow, orange and brown paint
- Paint brush
- Construction paper
- Collect a few fall leaves outside. Talk about the colors and what makes the leaves you find similar or different.
- Paint the back of the leaf where the veins are.
- Make a leaf print on some scrap paper first to remove some of the paint and then print onto your real paper.
- Repeat with all the leaves you collected.