Indian corn makes a great fall decoration, so we decided to make our own! Use our printable corn template and your child's fingerprints to make this great fall preschool craft with your children. A few of these hung on a door or window make great homemade fall decorations. This is a fantastic craft to do with even very young children. This fall craft is very similar to our Button Indian Corn Craft and if your child is older and likes the fine motor challenge of working with small buttons, we recommend trying both crafts out - our daughter enjoyed making both!
What you'll need:
How to make your Fingerprint Indian Corn Craft:
- Yellow and green construction paper
- Printable corn template
- White glue
- Red, orange, yellow, and white washable paint.
- Print our corn template and cut the pieces out. Trace the corn piece onto yellow construction paper, and the husk piece onto green construction paper. Cut both pieces out.
- Glue the corn piece onto the husk piece.
- Have your children dip their fingers into the paint and dot the different colors onto the corn. This works best if you can convince them to use one color at a time, but looks just as cute if they all get smeared together too!