Salt dough is very easy to make and can be used for a variety of uses. Mold it into beads, use it to create fossils, use cookie cutters or sculpt it into letters or animals. Be creative! You can paint your creations after baking the salt dough in the oven for an hour.
What you'll need:
How to make your salt dough:
- 4 cups of all purpose flour
- 1 cup of salt
- 1 and a half cups of water
- Mix the indgredients above in a bowl until a dough forms. Add extra water a little bit at a time as needed if the dough is too dry.
- Shape the dough however you'd like or use it for your craft of choice.
- Place the dough creations on a cookie sheet and bake for one hour at 350 degrees. Keep in mind the thickness of the items will affect the amount of time you cook them!
- When the baked dough has cooled it takes paint quite well.