Who knew that jingle bells and a paper plate could be so exciting to kids? Your child will love this simple jingle bell tambourine craft. This craft goes together very easily and our daughter really enjoyed making it. We had fun making this and the paper plate shaker craft listed elsewhere on this page and listening to the different sounds each of our homemade instruments could make. We hope you enjoy this craft too!
What you'll need:
- Small paper plate
- Crayons, stickers, markers, etc.
- String or yarn
- Jingle bells
- Hole punch or pencil
How to make your tambourine craft
- Have your child decorate the back of the paper plate using crayons or markers or whatever else they would like to use.
- While they are decorating the plate, cut small sections of yarn about 3 inches long. We used 7 bells for this craft, so you need 7 sections of yarn.
- Thread one jingle bell onto each piece of yarn.
- When your child is finished decorating the plate, use either your hole punch or a pencil to poke seven holes around the edge of the plate. Don't get too close to the edge or your jingle bell will rip through.
- Tie each jingle bell to the plate and cut the excess yarn off.
- Shake, shake, shake