This fun robot craft for kids is made from a used toilet paper roll, pieces of an egg carton and some paint and paper. Its a fun and simple craft that even toddlers will enjoy helping to make. Kids can use their imagination when painting and decorating this robot.
What you'll need:
How to make this robot craft:
- Toilet paper roll
- Cardboard egg carton
- Silver, green, black and blue paint
- Paint brushes
- Cut two egg cups out of the egg carton. Trim around the edges of one so that you only have the "cup" part and none of the extra flaps. This piece will be the head piece. Leave the flaps on the other cup as this one will be the feet.
- Paint the egg cups silver. Set aside to dry.
- Cut two small rectangles out of the egg carton. These pieces will be the arms. **Adults only** cut small slits on each side of the toilet paper tube that the arms will just fit into. Depending on your scissors, you made need a kitchen knife to help with this.
- Paint the toilet paper roll green. Paint the arms green.
- While the toilet paper roll dries, paint eyes and a mouth onto your robot head.
- When the toilet paper roll is dry, insert the arms into the slots. Add a little glue to the inside of the bottom of the toilet paper roll and push it down over the egg cup that is supposed to be the feet. Add a little glue to the very top of the toilet paper roll and push the head onto the top.
- Use paint to add buttons, knobs, etc. to the body of your robot.