One of our daughter's favorite cartoon shows had an episode where the characters went fishing, so of course she wanted to go fishing too. The problem is that it's mid-February here and it snowed last night so we needed a way to go fishing indoors (which frankly is this Mommy's prefered method of fishing regardless of the weather!). So we put together this fun magnet fishing game! This cute fish craft is a great way to make a variety of preschool learning games as well.
What you'll need:
How to make your kids fishing game craft:
- Paper Clips
- Magnet (the round kind with a hole in the middle work best)
- Wood dowel (or a stick from a tree)
- Fishing Game Template
- Print our template and cut out the fish shape. Trace the fish shape onto the posterboard and cut out your fish. We made 6 to start with, but make as many as you'd like!
- Put a paper clip onto each fish.
- Tie the string around one end of the wooden dowel. Knot it tightly so it stays put. Tie the other end of the string to the magnet. The stronger the magnet the less frustration your children will have to deal with.