Our family loves to pick apples in the fall and this apple print craft is a
great way to use some of the extra apples. This craft is easy and fun to
do and a great way to let you kids use new materials (apples) in a craft!
Our daughter thought painting the apples was hysterical so we hope that your
children enjoy it as much as she did.
What you'll need:
How to make your Apple Print Craft:
- 2 apples
- Orange, red and green craft paint
- Construction paper
- Knife (to cut the apples in half) *Grown-ups only!
- Paint brushes
- Paper towels
- Have an adult cut an apple in half (from the top down).
- Press the apple halves on a paper towel to drain away some of the
moisture (without this step the paint doesn't stick right).
- Paint the apple halves red or orange using a lot of paint.
- Press the apples down hard on the construction paper and wiggle them
just a little bit.
- Paint on some stems using green paint to finish off your apple
- Optional: cut the apple in half across the middle and look for the
star made by the apple seeds! Making apple prints with the apple
cut this way is sometimes easier for younger children because they have
a bigger area to grip onto without it interfering with the picture.