This apple tree craft uses a toilet paper roll as the base and will stand on its own when you are done! Kids will enjoy painting the tree top green and then gluing the apples on. If you have younger children that still put things in their mouth, or have an infant prone to picking things off the floor, you can substitute fingerprint apples for the beads. This toilet paper roll apple tree craft is great if you are looking for nature crafts or fall crafts.
What you'll need:
How to make your Apple Tree Craft:
- Lightweight cardboard (we cut up a cereal box)
- Toilet paper roll
- Printable template
- Red beads
- Green paint
- Paint brush
- Print our template and cut out the tree top. Trace the template onto lightweight cardboard and cut the piece out.
- Paint the entire tree top green. Let dry.
- Glue the red beads (apples) onto the tree and let dry.
- Cut two, inch long slits on one end of the toilet paper roll, so that they are across from each other. Once your tree top is dry, slide the tree top into the cuts on the toilet paper roll.