Children of all ages will be thrilled to capture the beauty of fall with the Splendid Leaf Display. Take children on a nature walk to discover leaves to use in this fun and simple project!
What you'll need:
How to make your Splendid Colored Leaf Display:
- Yellow, orange, black and red markers
- Tacky glue
- Fresh leaves
- 4 popsicle sticks
- One piece of white cardstock
- Red, yellow, and orange acrylic paint
- Using the scissors and ruler, cut a piece that is five inches by five inches from the white cardstock. (see photos).
- Take one of the fresh leaves and paint it red. Press the leave down on the cardstock and press a piece of scrap paper on top . (see photos)
- Repeat the above step with two other leaves, using orange and yellow paint. Allow the paint to dry. (see photos)
- Once the paint is dry, use a black marker to draw leaf stems. (see photos)
- Form a box with the popsicle sticks and glue them together. Glue the white cardstock to the back of the popsicle sticks to form a frame. (see photos)
- Once the top of the popsicle stick picture frame write "Falling..." with red, yellow, and orange markers. One the bottom popsicle stick picture frame, write "...Leaves."
- Once the frame is completely dry, your Splendid Leaf Display is ready to display!