Kids can help make this special t-shirt that makes a perfect gift for dad on Father's Day. Kids get to have fun with paint and place their hand prints on the t-shirt. This craft works for any amount of kids really, the more handprints - the better for this fathers day craft. Then finish it off with a cute message like "World's Best Dad, Hands Down!". Dad will wear this shirt with pride and it will be a great keepsake for years to come! Make sure to check out the rest of our fathers day crafts for kids.
What you'll need:
How to make your Father's Day Shirt Craft:
- T-shirt that fits dad
- Aluminum Foil
- Fabric paint in multiple colors (we like the 3-D kind, that you can use to write with)
- Wash and dry the shirt you are going to use before you start the project (unless you're pretty sure that the shirt won't shrink on you!).
- Put a piece of aluminum foil inside the shirt (to keep the paint from bleeding through to the back of the shirt) and lay it out on a flat surface.
- Squeeze some paint out onto a paper plate and coat your children's hands in it. You could use different colors for each child.
- Help your kids press their hands onto the shirt and then lift straight up. If your kids aren't used to doing handprints like this, you may want to practice on paper first so they get used to not squishing their hands around.
- Use the 3-D paint to write your child(ren)'s names under their handprints. Then write the phrase "World's Best Dad Hands Down!" underneath the prints.