This popsicle stick haunted house is a great Halloween craft and makes a great decoration! This is one of our more difficult crafts and is therefore
geared more towards older children. Your kids will be proud to show off this
Halloween craft that they created from such simple materials. Add
some magnets to the back and bring it out to decorate the fridge year after year!
What you'll need:
How to make your Popsicle Stick Haunted House Craft:
- Large popsicle sticks (the size of tongue depressors)
- Small popsicle sticks
- Craft paint: black, purple, fluorescent green
- Paint brushes
- Foam Halloween figures (*if you have trouble finding the pre-made
foam figures used here, feel free to make your own!
- To construct the house: lay two large popsicle sticks horizontally
on a table. Spread a generous amount of white glue along these
sticks. Line up 8 sticks vertically over the horizontal supports.
Set the house aside to dry.
- To construct the roof: make a triangle out of three large popsicle
sticks. Use a lot of glue at the junction points! When this
is dry, use scissors to cut 4 large popsicle sticks to length so that
they are just slightly larger than the middle opening of the triangle.
Glue these sticks on the back of the triangle and set this aside to dry.
- To make the door: cut a small popsicle stick to a height of 2
inches. Cut 2 more sticks so they are 1 3/4" tall, then two more
sticks 1 1/2" tall. Line them up so that they form the curved
door. Cut a small popsicle stick in half and apply glue to the
back of each half. Lay down over top of the "door" sticks to hold
them together. Let dry.
- Paint the door green, the house purple and the roof black.
- Glue all the pieces of the house together.
- Use green paint to paint a window in the upper left corner of the
- Add the foam Halloween figures to your house.