Junk Drawer Shape Dolls are just the craft to keep toddlers occupied for the afternoon. Allow them to peruse the junk drawer to find common objects such as game pieces, old cardboard, plastic container lids, bottle caps, and other fun materials to make unique dolls. Kids will love making their dolls unique with colored pipe cleaners, markers, and wiggly eyes!
What you'll need:
How to make your Shape Dolls Craft
- 3 pieces of junk (old cardboard, bottle caps, plastic lids, game pieces, coins, old key chains, etc.)
- 3 colored pipe cleaners
- 6 wiggly eyes
- Explore your junk drawer or house with your toddler. Practice identifying shapes by asking them to pick out an object that is a square, circle, and triangle. (see photos for examples)
- Using scissors, cut each of the pipe cleaners in four equal pieces. These will be the arms and legs of your dolls. Fold the ends of each of the pipe cleaner pieces to make hands and feet. (see photos)
- Using glue, glue the four pipe cleaners to the sides and bottom of your pieces of junk to form the arms and legs. Allow the glue to dry. (see photos)
- Glue wiggly eyes to the top front of the pieces of junk. (see photos)
- If desired, use markers or crayons to draw a nose and mouth on your doll. You can also decorate your doll and make it unique. (see photos).
- Once your doll is complete, allow it to completely dry. Carry your doll with you or fold up its legs so that it can sit on your nightstand!