If you are looking for a larger valentine holder, try making our valentine mailbox craft! This is a great Valentine's Day craft for children of all ages and abilities. Wrapping an empty oatmeal container with construction paper creates a blank canvas for kids to be creative and decorate! We've stuck to larger decorations here given the age of our daughter (2 years old), but if you are crafting with older children consider using beads, sequins, and glitter!
What you'll need:
How to make your Valentine Mailbox Craft
- Empty oatmeal container or other round container
- Construction paper
- Foam heart shapes (available at craft stores)
- Wrap red construction paper around your empty oatmeal container. Tape the construction paper in place (we needed two pieces for our large container).
- Cut a slit in the lid of the container for valentines to be dropped through.
- Cut a circle of construction paper that will fit in the lid to cover up the container's logo. Glue the paper in place and then cut away the paper that is covering your slit.
- Decorate as you wish! We used pre-cut foam shapes that had an adhesive back with our daughter.