One of our favorite parts of Christmas time is unwrapping all of the ornaments to hang on the tree. We always talk about each ornament and the memory that it has for each of us. Our 4 year old realized that we needed an ornament this year that had a picture of our "new family" in it, one that included her new baby sister. This picture frame ornament craft is the result of that wish. This is a simple paper craft that can be decorated with anything you have on hand. When you are finished you have a great Christmas ornament to pull out year after year.
What you'll need:
How to make your Picture Frame Ornament
- Construction paper
- Glue stick
- Anything to use as decoration: craft foam pieces, markers, glitter, etc.
- Picture frame ornament template
- Print our template and cut it out. Cut the center piece out as well.
- Fold a piece of construction paper. Line the template up so that one edge of it is along the fold, and trace it onto the paper. Cut along the outside of the piece. You should have an ornament shape that opens like a book.
- Now cut out the inside piece (where your picture will go). Make sure to only cut out one side of the ornament (ie: one side of the book).
- Have your child decorate the ornament however they would like. We used craft foam pieces.
- Place your photo into the ornament either vertically or horizontally and then glue the edges shut.
- Tape a ribbon on the back of the frame and hang it on your tree.