Need a creative picture frame for Christmas this year? Try our
Christmas tag picture frame craft. We actually stumbled across this
unfinished wooden tag cut-out at our local craft store. With a little
paint, glue and ribbon it turned into a unique picture frame. We've
included a template of the tag so that you can make it out of any material you
What you'll need:
- Wooden tag cut-out or our Christmas tag template
- Material of your choice if you choose to use the template (craft
foam or poster board would both be good options)
- Red 3-D paint
- White and red ribbon
- 4 brass fasteners (also called 'brads' and found in the scrapbooking
section of most craft stores)
- Favorite holiday photo
- Ivory paint (optional)
How to make your Christmas Tag Picture Frame Craft
- If starting from the template, trace the template onto the material
you've chosen and cut it out. Paint it ivory and set it aside till
- Cut your photo to approximately 3"X3". Glue onto your tag.
- Cut two pieces of white ribbon and glue along the vertical edges of
your picture as a frame.
- Cut two more pieces of white ribbon for the other two sides of the
photo. Before attaching the ribbon to the tag, push the brass
fasteners through the ribbon on both ends. Spread the back
fastener part out and then glue the ribbon down as a frame to the
- Use the red 3-D paint to write your message in the open space to the
right of the photo.
- Add red ribbon through the hole in the tag.