Follow the directions for Delicious Fall harvest Soup Gift Mix to create an aromatic soup. This healthy blend of vegetables, pasta, beans, and spices will be a hit with every member of the family. It's so tasty you might even double the recipe and stir it up for dinner tonight!
What you'll need:
How to make your Fall harvest Soup Gift Mix:
- 1 piece cardstock or recipe card
- Hole punch
- Markers or colored pencils
- 1 twist tie
- 1 quart clean, glass jar
- 1 small Ziploc bag
- Measuring cups and spoons
- 1 cup elbow macaroni
- � cup alphabet pasta
- Choose � cup of two of the following (dried kidney beans, pinto beans, split peas, or any other type of dried legumes!)
- � cup quinoa
- � cup white or brown rice (not instant)
- 6 beef bouillon cubes
- 2 tablespoons parsley
- 2 tablespoons dried minced onions
- 2 teaspoons salt
- � teaspoons pepper
- Take the glass jar and layer the following ingredients using the measuring spoons. Begin with the elbow macaroni, then the dried beans, then the alphabet pasta, then the rice, then the quinoa, and finally the dried beans. You should have a total of three cups filling the jar. (see photos)
- Take the small Ziploc bag and measure the pepper, salt, minced onion, and parsley into the Ziploc bag. Shake the bag so that the spices are mixed. Using the twist tie, secure the Ziploc bag and stuff it into the jar, on top of the dried beans. (see photos)
- Place the six beef bouillon cubes on top of the spice mixture. Place the lid on top and seal the jar. (see photos)
- Using the recipe card or cardstock and markers or colored pencils, write "Harvest Soup Mix" on top. Write out the following directions on the cardstock:
- Place 3 quarts of water and the Harvest Soup Mix in a large pot over medium low heat.
- Add 2 stalks of celery, chopped, 2 carrots, sliced, 1 cup zucchini, diced, and 2 cups tomatoes, diced.
- Simmer and cover for one hour or until the vegetables are tender. (see photos)
- Punch a hole in the corner of the directions and thread a ribbon through the directions. Wrap it around the lid of the jar and tie a bow. (see photos)
- Your soup mix is now complete! Enjoy it with your family or deliver it to a friend!