Need a good way to display your favorite beach photo? Try making our
beach frame craft! This frame is simple to make but looks fantastic on a
mantel. This craft is also a great way to save and display special
shells you found on your trip to the beach. With real sand and real
seashells this beach frame craft is a great way to capture your summertime
What you'll need:
How to make your Beach Frame Craft:
- Unfinished wooden frame (available at all craft stores)
- Light blue and brown paint
- White glue
- Hot glue gun
- Paint brushes
- A favorite picture
- Paint the top half of the picture frame light blue. Paint the
bottom half of the frame light brown.
- Mix a little bit of white glue into the brown paint and paint it
onto the brown portion of the frame very heavily. Sprinkle this
area with sand quickly before the paint/glue dries.
- After the sand portion has dried, use a hot glue gun to attach the
seashells to your frame. We found white glue was not strong enough
to hold actual shells. Please do not let your children do this
step unless they are old enough to respect the glue gun and are well
- Add your favorite photo!