A great wooden frame for the fisherman in your family! Have the
children paint the frame, make the accessories, and add their own special
touches to this great craft.
What you'll need:
How to make your Fishing Frame Craft:
- Unfinished wooden frame (available at all craft stores)
- Unfinished wooden fish (available at all craft stores)
- Small thin wooden dowels
- 18 gauge wire
- Paint - orange, blue, light blue, light yellow
- 3-D Paint - dark orange, dark blue
- Paint brushes
- A favorite picture
- Paint the frame sky blue, the fish orange, and a wooden dowel a
light yellow. Let each dry completely.
- Use the 3-D paint to add details to the fins of the wooden fish.
- Cut the wooden dowel to length (tip* a pair of kitchen shears
actually works really well!).
- Wrap an end of the wire around the top of the rod and cut a length
long enough of reach across the frame and lie under where you would
ultimately like to glue the fish down (tip: kitchen shears work well
- Glue the rod to the frame. Stretch the wire over to where you
want it to be. Use a generous amount of glue to hold the end down
and also glue the fish over top of it at the same time. The fish
will be what holds the wire in place.
- Paint fish around the frame in light blue and light yellow paint.
- Use the 3-D paint to write messages around the frame
- Add your favorite picture to the frame to complete the craft.