This paper leprechaun hat is a great craft to make with your kids! As
you make it you can tell them a story about leprechauns. Leprechauns are
magic creatures that are guardians of an ancient treasure that they bury in
large pots at the end of the rainbow. According to the legend, if a human
catches a leprechaun, the leprechaun will promise great wealth if you set him
free. But be careful - if you take your eye off him he will vanish!
It's a great story and kids love it. Afterwards, go on a leprechaun hunt
wearing your paper leprechaun hat or play a great game of tag with one kid
wearing the leprechaun hat and everyone trying to catch them! Have fun!
What you'll need:
How to make your Paper Leprechaun Hat Craft
- Green, black, and yellow construction paper
- Green poster board
- Cut a head band out of the green poster board that is slightly larger than the child's head.
- Cut a hat shape out of the green construction paper.
- Cut a 2 inch black strip. Glue onto the hat above the brim and
trim the edges to align with the slant of the hat.
- Cut a yellow square that is slightly taller than the black strip.
Cut the center out of the square leaving 1/4 of an inch boarder.
Glue on the middle of the black strip.
- Tape the hat to the headband (it works better than gluing it).
- Tape or staple the head band so that it fits around the child's head. Cut off any excess.