Turn a small paper plate into a cute leprechaun with this simple St. Patrick's Day craft. This leprechaun craft is perfect for preschoolers as it practices simple scissor and pasting skills. If your child is new to working with scissors, the beard on our leprechaun craft is made using small simple snips and is a great confidence boost for little ones. This cute leprechaun craft makes a great St. Patrick's Day decoration as well.
What you'll need:
How to make your Paper Plate Leprechaun Craft
- Paint just the outer rim of the small paper plate orange. Set aside to dry.
- While your paint is drying, print our template and cut the pieces out. Trace each piece onto the appropriate color construction paper. Cut your pieces out.
- Assemble the hat: glue on the black band and the yellow square.
- When the paint on the paper plate is dry, have your child make small snips the whole way around the plate.
- Glue the hat on your leprechaun, then add the eyes and nose and draw on his mouth.