Want to try out a new look without a permanent change? Let your youngster craft the Beauty Salon Hair and Mustache Fun Craft to try out new hairstyles and mustaches. Then, gather up your crafts and use the suggestions in the instructions to make your own pretend beauty parlor!
What you'll need:
How to make your Beauty Salon Dress Up Craft
- Paper plates (1 per hairstyle)
- Bamboo skewers (1 per mustache or hair style)
- Markers or crayons
- Colored cardstock
How to make your Hair Styles:
- Using scissors, cut the paper plate in an arc to fit around your face. If you plan to have a short hair style, make sure that you cut off enough of the paper plate so that it will not show. (see photos)
- Using a crayon or marker, in the hair color desired, color the paper plate so that no white remains. (see photos)
- Using a color of yarn that matches the color of the paper plate, cut out pieces of yarn in the desired hair style length. You may want to cut out different lengths of yarn to create bangs or a layered look. Glue the yarn to the paper plate and allow the glue to dry. (see photos)
- Once the glue is dry, glue a bamboo skewer to one side of the back of the paper plate. Allow the glue to dry. (see photos)
- For additional fun, add yarn bows, colored cardstock hair accessories, a real hair clip, or sequin to the yarn hair! (see photos)
How to make your Mustaches:
- Using black cardstock, or another color if desired, cut out different shaped mustaches. Turn the mustaches over and glue a bamboo skewer to one side of the back of the mustache. Allow the glue to dry. (see photos)
You are now ready to set up your beauty salon or barber shop. Gather up your different mustaches and hair styles. You may also want to gather a chair (preferably a swivel-chair), a sheet to drape over people so that they do not get hair on them, a mirror, pretend scissors, pretend or old make-up, combs, brushes, and an assortment of hair clips. Go to work and see what new hair dos you create. Try out the different mustaches and hair styles that you created by holding them up to your face with the bamboo skewer. See which one you like best!