Watch colorful squares, circles, triangles, and many other shapes dance across the floor as light shines through your Stained Glass Shape Decorations craft. Made from black cardstock, chalk, glue, scissors, and colored tissue paper, children of all ages will have fun making this colorful craft. Once complete, this beautiful craft will make your windows the envy of the neighborhood!
What you'll need:
How to make your Stained Glass Shape Decorations
- 2 pieces of black cardstock
- String, ribbon, or yarn (optional)
- Hole punch (optional)
- Colored tissue paper
- Using the chalk, draw different shapes, such as squares, triangles, circles, hearts, and octagons onto one of the pieces of black cardstock. (see photos)
- Using scissors, carefully cut out the shapes drawn. (see photos)
- Using colored tissue paper, cut out small pieces to cover the different shapes. Place glue on the edges and cover the shapes on the black cardstock, making sure that the tissue paper does not overhang onto the other shapes. Continue until all of the shapes are covered. (see photos)
- Place glue along the edge of the black cardstock and lay the other piece of black cardstock on top. Press down and allow the glue to dry. (see photos).
- If desired, punch a hole in one of the corners and tie a ribbon, string, or piece of yarn through it. This will allow it to hang from a window. (see photos)
- Your beautiful window decoration is complete! Go find a window to beautify!