This heart flower craft is a fantastically adaptable craft for children of
all ages. It can be more simple or more complex depending on the abilities
of your children and it can be made as big or as small as you like. This
craft makes a fantastic Valentine's Day gift for grandparents or loved ones -
just have your children write something nice about the recipient on each heart
to brighten their day. Make a bunch of heart flowers in different colors
to hang on the front door as a great homemade decoration. It's a family
standby craft because it turns out so well every time!
What you'll need:
How to make your Heart Flower Craft
- Pink and green construction paper
- 1 large button (or yellow construction paper if your child is too
little for buttons)
- Cut four hearts out of pink construction paper that are all the same
- Cut out a long strip of green construction paper for a stem.
- Cut two leaves out of green construction paper.
- Glue the four hearts together (with the bottom points overlapping)
onto one end of the green stem.
- Glue the leaves onto the stem halfway down it.
- Glue the button in the center of the flower to cover the end points
of the hearts. NOTE* If your child is too young to safely use a
button on a craft, cut a small circle out of yellow construction paper
and use that instead.