Our paper plate snowman craft is a great winter craft for kids to do on a cold,
snowy afternoon because it uses materials that you most likely already have on
hand. Paper plates, construction paper, and glue make up the majority of
the craft with a few extras to make it fun for your children like buttons and
felt. This is a bigger finished project and looks great hanging on the
front door as a homemade winter decoration.
What you'll need:
How to make your Paper Plate Snowman Craft
- 1 large paper plate
- 1 small paper plate
- 3 medium buttons
- 5 small buttons
- 2 googly eyes
- Orange, black and green construction paper
- 2 brown pipe cleaners
- Red felt
- Tape the small paper plate onto the large paper plate to create the
- Cut a hat out of black construction paper and glue it to the top of
the small circle.
- Cut a green strip out of construction paper and glue it on the hat.
- Cut a longer green strip out of construction paper and glue it over
the junction of the large and small paper plates as the snowman's scarf.
- Tape the pipe cleaners on either side of the large paper plate (tape
on the back side).
- Cut two gloves out of red felt and tape/glue them onto the ends of
the pipe cleaners.
- Glue two googly eyes onto the small plate.
- Cut a triangle out of orange construction paper and glue under the
eyes as a nose.
- Glue the 5 small buttons under the nose in a smile.
- Glue the 3 medium buttons in a row on the large plate.