Create the This Little Light of Mine Luminary craft to accompany the popular "This Little Light of Mine" song. Complete with the scripture verse Matthew 5:16, this bright craft is a perfect reminder to children to shine for Jesus! Once complete, children can light the candles and watch the decorative candle design light up!
What you'll need:
How to make your little light of mine luminary craft
- Tin can (make sure there are no sharp edges)
- 1 nail
- Large piece of white cardstock
- Small piece of colored cardstock
- This Little Light of Mine Luminary template
- Old towel
- Small candle
- Stickers, ribbon, or other decorations (optional)
- Print the This Little Light of Mine Luminary onto white cardstock. Cut out the verse and set aside. Cut out the candle design. (see photos)
- Fill the tin with water and place in the freezer or outside to allow it to freeze. Once frozen, bring inside. (see photos)
- Lay the towel on the table and place the tin can on top. Tape the candle design to the center of the tin can. (see photos)
- Using the hammer and nail, carefully hammer the nail into each of the dots on the flame of the candle design until the nail pierces the tin can. (see photos)
- Remove the candle design, place the tin can in the sink, and allow the ice to melt. Use the towel to dry off the tin can. (see photos)
- Cut out the dotted candlestick from the template and trace onto a small piece of colored cardstock. Tape or glue directly below the punched out flame. (see photos).
- Place the small candle inside the tin can and tape the cardstock verse to the tin can, below the cardstock candle. Decorate the can with stickers, markers, ribbon, or anything else you desire. (see photos)
- Your luminary is ready to light. As you light your luminary, remember to always shine bright for Jesus!