Here is another fun craft idea that makes a nice Mother's Day gift for Mom. These flowers are made
from tracings of your child's own hands. You can make as big a bouquet as you like with Mom's
favorite colors. This is a good Mother's Day craft for kids to do that results
in a gift for Mom that she is sure to love!
What you'll need:
How to make your Handprint Flowers Mother's Day Gift:
- Construction paper (many colors)
- Scotch tape
- Pencil, Crayons, Markers
- Green straws (optional)
- Trace your child's hand on the construction paper. Make sure that you trace a little bit of the wrist as well.
- Cut out the handprint.
- Use a pencil or marker and roll each finger around it to create some curl.
- Lay the handprint on the table so the fingers curl out towards the table. Pick up the flower, wrap it around,
and tape the ends together at the wrist section.
- To make the stem either tape end of the flower around a green straw, or tightly roll a piece of green construction
paper and tape or glue the flower to that.
- Cut leaves out of green construction paper and tape or glue to the stem (if using a straw, tape works better than
- Make as many as you like and give them to Mom on her special day!
The stages of the handprint flower craft