Our paper plate cow is a fantastic preschool farm craft. Print our template and assemble the pieces onto a paper plate body. Then add some felt spots to create soft, fuzzy patches to add a fun texture to this cute cow craft.
What you'll need:
How to make your Paper Plate Cow Craft:
- Large paper plate
- White and brown construction paper
- 2 googly eyes
- Brown felt
- Printable cow template
- Print our template and cut the pieces out. To save time, print the pieces onto white construction paper. The only piece that needs to be brown is the semi-circle that goes at the bottom of the cow's face. Trace that piece onto brown construction paper and cut it out.
- Glue the brown semi-circle to the bottom of the cow's head. Use a black crayon to draw on two nostrils and a smile.
- Use a pink crayon to color the center of the ears. Glue two googly eyes onto the head.
- Glue the head onto the paper plate so that it slightly hangs off to one side.
- Draw hooves onto the bottoms of the legs using a black crayon. Glue the legs onto the "bottom" of the paper plate. We glued two legs to the front of the plate and two to the back to give the legs some depth.
- Glue the tail to the paper plate. Cut some small slits in the end of the tail.
- Cut some spots out of brown felt and glue them to the cow. Use as many spots as you would like!